PRP Face & Neck Treatment
Platelet Rich Plasma
What better way to revive your natural beauty than by using your body’s own power to regenerate itself. This hidden power base is found in platelets in our blood.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a medical treatment, long established as a treatment for healing wounds, and also now used in aesthetics.
What happens as our skin ages?
During the natural ageing process, many changes occur to our skin.
- There is a loss of collagen and the skin becomes less elastic, which wrinkles and sagging occurs.
- Skin becomes thinner as we age almost transparent in some cases. Older skin also experiences a decrease in size or loss of oil and sweat glands over time, which contributes to dry skin. Exposure to ultra-violet light and certain medications and pollutants, can weaken the skin and the blood vessels in the skin.
- Skin's complexion and texture can change over time, too. Probably the most dreaded sign of aging skin is the appearance of age spots, also called liver spots, which are flat areas of dark pigmentation that often appear on the face, chest, hands, arms and shoulders.
Terms & Conditions Apply
Three reasons why growth factors are important in healing & skin regeneration.
- Growth factors stimulate collagen secretion, cell growth and tissue remodelling.
- Growth factors stimulate development of new blood vessels and oil glands to improve skin nourishment.
- Growth factors attract stem cells to assist in new tissue regeneration.
What can PRP do for your skin?
- Give your skin a healthy, refreshed looking younger glow.
- Using the correct technique, PRP will increase your skin’s supply of nourishing blood, stimulate oil glands which are drying, stimulate new fibrocystic to produce more skin firming collagen, and stimulate growth of new skin cells to thicken and smooth the skin.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) helps your recovery from the aging process and importantly, will always enhance the results of other rejuvenation treatments.
Why should I choose PRP treatment?
- Treatment results in a restoration of skin moisture, glow, and an improvement in skin texture and tone.
- Maintaining a youthful skin appearance better than a person who has not had PRP treatment.
- Safe and effective.
- Short downtime.
- The treatment is suitable for all skin tones.
- Each treatments takes 45 minutes
- One treatment carried out once every 8 weeks
What happens during your PRP treatment?
This is similar to a sample of blood been drawn from your arm for a blood test.
- Blood is drawn into a tube containing an anticoagulant and a separating gel.
- The tube is then spun in a centrifuge, producing the clear yellow plasma at the top of the tube.
- Red blood cells which cause inflammation, are trapped effectively below.
- Only the clear yellow platelet rich plasma will be injected into your skin.
Who will carry out the treatment?
Injection pin pricks may be seen, and there may be some moderate swelling from the injection areas which soon subsides. Occasionally there may be some bruising due to the injecting process. Over the days and weeks following treatment, growth factors released by the platelets stimulate the growth of new blood vessels and more collagen growth, thickening the epidermis and giving an improvement in the skin’s texture and tone. Some people who have a poor skin base line to start with, may experience exfoliation of the top layer of the skin after a few days as new fresh skin takes its place. Occasionally, and dependent on skin type, small bumps may develop and then soon disappear.
While results may vary from patient to patient, results have been proven to last for up to 18 months. Patients are recommended to have 3 to 10 treatments depending on expectations.
After careful research our Clinic has chosen the Cellenis PRP system to use for your Platelet Rich Plasma treatment. These PRP tubes ensure a high quality of PRP is produced from your blood, they also are of a high level of regulatory control.
Are the results from PRP immediate?
PRP treatment takes time to gradually correct the affected area. In some people they will see an effect within 7 days but studies have shown it takes 6 weeks to see the full effect. Your PRP consultation is with our fully qualified certificated doctor who will talk about your expectations and explain in full how the treatment works, side effects, what to expect and the PRP treatment procedure. The PRP doctor will also answer any questions you may have regarding the PRP treatment.
How many treatments will I require?
Each treatment is carried out once every eight weeks apart, patients may require three to six treatments. As with most procedures that use needles some patients will experience redness, swelling or bruising which normally subsides within 24-48 hours some patients may take longer depending on their healing process. Make-up can be applied a few hours after treatment. Full pre and post treatment sheet is given at the time of consultation. We advise all clients to increase the intake of Vitamin C and water, and avoidance of stimulants such as coffee, alcohol and cigarettes prior to a treatment.