Strathearn Health and Beauty Online Services Terms and Conditions
Online Services Overview
All Strathearn Health and Beauty Ltd online service are overseen by the Clinical Director (clinic doctor) and senior management. The online services have been introduced for patient convenience and safety.
In order to access our range of online services, patients will be expected to register their interest in our service via our website, or by the direct link below:
Patients will receive a confirmation email with a link and “one-time” passcode (sent in a separate email) to complete a screening “Pre-Consultation Questionnaire”. This will be automatically uploaded to our records management system and will allow our Clinic Doctors to assess your current medical status to ensure that you meet the National Minimal Guidelines for a Weight Management Program, and that it is safe to proceed or not. In either case, you will receive an email informing you of our decision.
Patients who meet the criteria based on their questionnaire will then be accepted onto our Weight Management Program pending a full medical consultation in our clinic with one of our doctors. You will receive a booking link in this welcome email where you can select a date and time that suits you to attend the clinic. This is where a customised Weight Management Program will be created to help you achieve the best results from our service.
All patients who are entered into the Weight Management Clinic will be expected to set up their Patient Access Portal using the instructions provided via email. This portal allows you to access important health information relating to your program. It will also include helpful tools and resources to assist your weight management and allow you to track your progress.
When it is time for a repeat/follow up consultation, you will receive an email with a Preconsultation form for existing patients. You will be expected to complete this and it will be automatically uploaded to your patient file. You will then receive a link to book a suitable date and time for your online consultation with the doctor.
By registering to use the online service,
• you confirm that the information you have provide is accurate and complete
• agree to keep your username and password confidential and to take reasonable steps to protect your online patient record
• confirm that you are aged 18 or over.
Professional standards and qualifications
The online clinic service involves information, advice, and treatment involved in the weight management service and all our patients while on a programme are monitored to ensure patient safety and best possible results. The service is provided by qualified doctors who are registered with General Medical Council in the UK. Strathearn Health and Beauty is registered with Healthcare Improvement Scotland (regulatory body for independent healthcare providers) All Strathearn Health and Beauty clinic doctors are registered with General Medical Council.
Privacy and security
Your privacy is important to us and the following information explains how we will use and protect it.
Privacy of your information
Online services are provided using secure cloud-based technology with top end encryption. No data uploaded by the patient will be printed, downloaded or otherwise copied onto hard copies or portable media. We would encourage all patients to ensure that the security on their personal devices are up to date and that working antivirus is installed and with the latest release. In order to provide online services, Strathearn may use 3rdparty software or apps.
Contact and Messaging
By signing up to the services Strathearn Health and Beauty the patient has given consent to receiving communications via email and/or SMS relevant to their treatment. Patients will have the option to opt-in to receive marketing materials and promotional offers.
Verifying your identity
Photo ID will be required for verification of all new patients on their first visit to the clinic. Current patients are not required to provide Photo ID. Current patients who have not attended the clinic in the past 12 months will have to register again as a new patient, however, will not require to provide Photo ID.
Commitment to you
Each of our clinic doctors and staff commits to:
• Take professional responsibility for each patient who use any of our online services to the same extent same as would have been when meeting a patient face to face.
• Provide a professional and transparent service that complies with General Medical Council Guidelines on remote prescribing.
• Provide identification including their name and General Medical Council/General Pharmaceutical Council professional registration number when prescribing medicines and communicating with patients, if requested.
• Prescribe medicines only when in their professional judgement it is in the patient's best interests to receive the medicine being requested and, accordingly, to refuse to prescribe medicines when they believe it is not in the patient's best interests to receive medicines without the benefit of a face to face consultation.
Your commitments when using the online services
As the patient, you commit to:
• Answer all questions truthfully and fully.
• Not register more than once.
• Not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
• Read carefully, each message uploaded into your secure online patient record before taking any medicines that our clinic doctors have prescribed and to comply with any instructions given for each medicine. If you are uncertain as to how to take the medicine, we have provided to you, you agree not to use the medicine until you have contacted us on 0141 333 1900 to be able to obtain sufficient information from us and understand regarding the medication.
• Accept clinic doctor's decision when our they determine that it is not in your best interests to receive the requested medicine without the benefit of a face to face consultation.
• Treat our doctors and staff with respect. We do not tolerate abusive behaviour. In the event of such behaviour we are within our rights to deactivate your patient record.
We always recommend that you notify your GP about the medication you have been prescribed by Strathearn Health and Beauty doctor. This can be carried out either by:-
• Allowing Strathearn Health and Beauty share a direct access from your portal to your GP
(for this option we would need your consent sent in writing to the clinic)
• Or you can print and supply a copy of your GP introduction letter, which is supplied within your portal.
• Ensure that no-one other than yourself has access to any medicines that we make available to you.
• Ensure that any medicines prescribed in advance of need are not used beyond their expiry date.
• Inform Strathearn Health and Beauty clinic doctor if you experience any side effects due to the prescribed medication either on 0141 333 1900 or via your patient portal record.
Online Information and advice
The information, advice and medications provided by Strathearn Health and Beauty clinic doctors is based on the information you have supplied to us. It is your responsibility to ensure the information is correct. Failure to do so (whether intentionally or not) will affect the information, advice and medications we give you, which may have consequences for which we are not responsible. Our clinic doctor may require additional information from a patient before deciding to providing the service. We try to reply to all patient emails within 72 hours, excluding public holidays or clinic closure days.
The clinic doctor or staff member may be contact you after using the service checking how you are getting on and for feedback. We would appreciate if all patients can give feedback which will help us improve the service. From time to time we use anonymous patient information to carry out clinical audits and help improve patient and clinical care.
Payment instalment options
Patients can opt to use Strathearn Health and Beauty interest free payment instalments for its medical service. If you miss, cancel or delay payment or your payment card fails during and you do not update your card details when prompted, your treatment will be terminated which any future chances of paying by instalments could be denied. If least than 48 hours’ notice before your online booed appointment phone clinic 01413331900, be aware you will be charged cancellation costs if lest than 48 hours’ notice before online booking appointment.
Booking and cancelling
You may change your mind and cancel your service or change to another date provided, however, this must be done at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. Booking changes within the cancellation period may be done by phoning the clinic on 0141 333 1900 or via the Fresha booking site (used to book your appointment). If you cancel or request a change less than 48 hours prior to your online booking you will be charged a cancellation fee based on the cancellation policy on our website and stated in our online booking system. In the event of a no show at the booked appointment, you will be charged the full booking fee, this is non refundable. Patients who cancel or miss two or more appointments may have their Weight Management Program cancelled and my have to pay a restart fee and begin the course again. Strathearn Health and Beauty reserve the right to reject any booking.
Delivery and costs
Strathearn Health and Beauty clinic doctors will dispense and package all medicines. All deliveries will be delivered same day by courier in a secured sealed package which will require a signature from the patient that they have received the package with the Tamper Proof Seal intact. DURING COVID19 restrictions, the courier will take a hoto of the delivery at the patients door and wait till package is taken in. We will then confirm with the patient that they have received it by SMS. If there is no answer at address or the recipient is unavailable to receive it, the package will be returned to the doctor on the same day. Resending will incur extra delivery cost. Patients should check the content of each delivery upon receipt. If the items/medication is incorrect you should contact us immediately on 0141 333 1900.
Delivery costs start from £5 depending on area. When booking a service, it is important that you select the correct carriage cost per your post code. In the event you do not select the correct delivery charge for your area your booking will be cancelled. All carriage costs are available through the online booking service or by calling 0141 333 1900.
Payment and refunds
All payments are taken via our online booking agent website or app (Fresha) and as such, all patients are bound by the terms and conditions of service of these companies. For more information, please check out the terms and conditions set out by Fresha.
Our liability to you
Strathearn Health and Beauty clinic doctor accepts responsibility for its patients who use the medical online service. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (in contract negligence or otherwise) where:
• There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or;
• The loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach or;
• Any loss or damage or increased risk of loss or damage results from a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
In particular, we are not responsible for:
• loss or damage caused by you providing inaccurate or incomplete information;
• loss of your emotional well-being including, but not limited to, any embarrassment caused;
• loss of income or anticipated profits;
• loss of opportunity;
• loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
• losses suffered by third parties; or
• any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the service regardless of the form of action.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
Information on this website
We take care to ensure that all information available on our website about our business, services and any products mentioned is accurate. However, these are continually developing and, occasionally, the information may be out of date. General medical information provided on the website – as opposed to personalised information
uploaded into your online patient record - is not a substitute for specific and personalised medical advice and should not be read or used as such.
Links from this website
We may, from time to time, provide links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. THE NEW VERSION WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE AND WILL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING.